In this role, you will be responsible for picking and preparing CIVA batch components for each of the active cleanroom(s). Perform component sanitization activities for all CIVA batches (I.E. antibiotics, chemotherapy, Total Parental Nutrition (TPN) and narcotics). Label and package CIVA finished products for dispatch. Collaborate with CIVA Supervisors, Pharmacists and CIVA Quality team to ensure production workflow and compliance are met daily. In addition, incumbent will assist and perform other duties as required.
- Pick raw materials for cleanroom compounding.
- Perform in-process checks to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Maintain communication with CIVA cleanrooms to ensure production flow is maintained at an optimal level.
- Perform component sanitization for all items entering the cleanroom(s), while ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Perform final inspection and label CIVA batch units.
- Maintain coordination with CIVA labelling coordinator and Pharmacists to ensure delivery times are met.
- Assembling boxes and packing finished products for dispatch. Manually load and transfer products between pharmacy areas.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Prior 1 – 2 years experience within Pharmaceutical manufacturing / retail pharmacy or related experience
- Prior experience in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills along with organizational skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional decision making abilities
- Must be flexible to work all shifts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays)
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills along with problem solving skills
- Able to lift approximately 30 lbs. regularly throughout the day
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand for extended periods throughout the day
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to follow and retain detailed standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Excellent attendance and punctuality history
- Must be able to show drive and a sense of urgency to achieving production deadlines
- Pharmacy assistant/technician diploma / Pursuing registration as a Pharmacy Technician (R.PhT) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP)
- Successful completion of the PEBC evaluation exam or graduation from a CCAPP Accredited Pharmacy Technician Education Program
- Aseptic technique knowledge
- Prior experience in hospital pharmacy and/or retail pharmacy or cleanroom