AECOM is seeking Principal Structural Engineer, Bridges to be based in Dubai, UAE. The Principal Engineer will be responsible to lead the team to produce the design information and coordinate with the relevant design disciplines. He/She will be responsible to provide technical reviews and quality management, share technical expertise and experience with others in the company via internal technical communication and presentations.
Design will be carried out in accordance with AASHTO LRFD, Eurocodes, AREMA and or any other international design code as applicable. As a leader, the Principal Engineer will be also responsible to coordinate with the Client and the key stakeholders of the projects. He/She may be assigned, if required, to undertake some site inspections.
- Development of feasibility and design concepts,
- Undertaking the lead for carrying out all design stages design of Bridges and underground structures including different types of bridges, cut and cover tunnels, box jacking tunnels, underground stations, and other forms of civil infrastructure structures.
- Produce detailed design information including calculations and design sketches.
- Provide technical lead on structural design tasks.
- Having good understanding and appreciation for other disciplines requirements of the underground structures such as the geotechnical, MEP and FLS requirements.
- Having basic knowledge about Rail systems requirements.
- Having reasonable knowledge about life cycle cost analysis of underground structures.
- Develops solutions to complex and challenging issues using engineering methodologies to define new procedures when needed.
- Liaise with CAD/BIM Technician for production of drawings and BIM models.
- Responsible to coordinate with the other disciplines to ensure there are no design gaps and provide fully coordinated design deliverables. This includes the support of the construction supervision teams.
- Performs quality control reviews of design calculations and drawings following policies and procedures confirming that the technical approach satisfies the client scope of services and expectations.
- Report writing and production of technical reports, specifications, and documents.
- Championing innovation and demonstrating technical leadership to sizeable team.
- Able to monitor and track the budget for specific tasks within the project.
- Plays an active role in the technical development of the team.
- Acts in a supporting role to the Team Leader/ Manager/ Associate Director /Director to complete assigned projects’ technical tasks.
- Contributes as an in-house expert on specific technologies or processes.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard industry techniques to execute work assignments.
- Engages with project technical teams within a field of expertise to confirm project approach and review deliverables within budget and scope.
- Liaises with authorities to obtain permits and approvals and to discuss technical advances.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical effort/man-hours for projects.
- May be required to act as Project Manager on small to medium size discipline-specific projects. Has an excellent understanding of project delivery requirements.
- Supports business development and selling initiatives to expand work assignments, including managing client relationships and expectations.
- Assists with proposals and participates in the development of bids and technical write-up for proposals.
- Leads communication with clients to discuss work scope, requests information to support project execution and receives client comments on draft work products.
- Must have minimum of 15+ years of hands on extensive experience in Structural Engineers of Bridges and underground structures. Min 10 years specialized in underground structures, preferably Rail structures. UAE/ME projects experience would be preferred.
- Relevant experience in inspection and assessment of bridges and other transportation structures is preferable
- Must have worked at a similar level on major civil infrastructure
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering from an accredited University a relevant subject such as Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Master of Science / Engineering is highly preferred, PhD is highly preferred
- Chartered Engineer (MIStructE, or C.Eng. from UK) or Professional Engineer (PE from USA) is highly preferred.
- PMP or equivalent Project management certificate is preferred.