To assist in establishing and monitoring the product and inflight services standards and delivery across the entire network with focus on safety and customer satisfaction and in line with Air Arabia standards. To ensure that the provision and delivery of the respective services, products, projects, systems, SLAs, and procedures is in line with approved standards with focus on quality, delivery, practicality, compliance, efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Assists the Line Manager in establishing, implementing and monitoring the Inflight Product & Services standards, policies and procedures to ensure standardization of the quality and delivery across the entire network. Ensures that appropriate controls and procedures are in place to satisfy the requirements of customs authorities.
- Carries out random checks and field trip visits to other hubs to evaluate the inflight services standards, quality, and provision, this includes cabin service delivery, products, catering, equipment (trolleys, trays, food utensils, catering packaging, etc.), Cabin cleaning ,onboard announcements, Skytime, etc.
- Flies in the capacity of (Observer) to monitor the service standards and to obtain passenger feedback regarding the food menu and onboard services.
- Seeks ways of maximizing the on-board sales and enhancing the customer satisfaction and/or controlling and reducing the costs of in-flight services without compromising on the quality.
- Utilizes available data and direct Cabin Crew feedback and reports to review and audit the catering and duty-free sales in line with bookings and stock level, and to ensure prompt and accurate control over the compatibility of selections/sales with the generated revenue.
- Achieves a cost-efficient balance between stores taken on-board for in-flight services i.e. duty free, food & beverages, etc. taking into full account the needs and comfort of the passengers. Carries out catering equipment inventory on monthly basis to find out any shortfall.
- Maintains an excellent working relationship with Cabin Crew, Operations, and external service providers. Partners with the respective Stakeholders to solve issues related to customer service, meals, or products provided aiming for enhancing the customers’ experience and maximizing revenue.
- Quality checks on onboard F&B offered to ensure agreed standards are met and holds meeting with caterers to follow up on meal issues. Liaises and follows up on cabin crew report regarding the catering and duty-free issues.
- Identifies sources for customer feedback/complaints, collates information on the service standards, analyses to recommend alternative services and ensures resulting ‘lessons learnt’ are incorporated into future for in-flight service provision.
- Initiates/attends department and/or cross-functional meetings to address new initiatives, enhancements, and raise any catering concerns related to the inflight services. Follows up on results and implements corrective measures needed.
- Ensures Quality Assurance and internal/external audit requirements are effectively managed; audits invoices, cash/CC receipts, sales reports, customers’ feedback to monitor and evaluate the on-board sales and products; reports any discrepancies, shortages and non-conformity with standards.
- Partners with the Line Manager to monitor the compliance of SLAs (catering, in-flight products, grooming) with agreed terms.
- Liaises with the engineering maintenance department for any damaged catering equipment to ensure timely and proper repair and delivery.
- Prepares and presents comprehensive reports to Line Manager on the assessments carried with observations and recommendations on the individual/team performance.
- Partners with Grooming & Welfare Officer to seek and introduce ways of motivating Cabin Crew in providing excellent in-flight services.
- Performs any additional responsibilities as advised by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Travel/ Tourism or any stream is preferred. Diploma/Higher Secondary Certificate is acceptable if combined with necessary experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel is essential.
- Very good verbal and written reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluent in English Language, Arabic is an advantage.
- 5+ years in a similar capacity in any airline or service industry or which 2 years in a supervisor/team leader/managerial role.
- Experienced in drafting and negotiating contracts and service level agreements SLAs.
- Hands-on designing/ implementing policies, procedures, manuals in line with standards and regulations.
- Has very good planning and time management skills even in challenging environments.
- Capable of training others how to perform against approved standards.
- Dependable, self-motivated takes ownership and displays energy and enthusiasm.
- Proven skills in identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions.
- Possesses effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Working exposure to internal/external audit practices.
- Employs technical expertise and interpersonal relations to support company’s objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute and successfully deliver against business strategy and set KPIs.