The Product Manager – Gas & Green Fuels within ‘Energy’ Business Line shall be responsible for all projects from the inception stage pre-feasibility studies up to project commissioning and completion including Feasibility / Concept Engineering, Detailed Engineering, Owner’s Engineering and Site Supervision and Commissioning services for the sector. Additionally, the position shall also remain responsible for providing support to BD and Sales/ Proposals Teams for meeting with Clients and handling the technical responses, during bid preparation and to promote Tractebel Middle East Green Fuels competencies to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall business strategy of the product.
- Grow business activities, by taking into account Tractebel Middle East’s and Business Line strategies.
- Contribute to new business pursuits that expand the project portfolio and enhances the company reputation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market needs and trends to deploy adequate competencies, services and solutions in the domain.
- Direct, oversee, and mentor the team and staff complying with all the relevant policies and practices of the company, including development of sustainable practice operations and effective communication channels and supervisory systems.
- Mobilize, motivate and support the teams to achieve their targets.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations and regular goal-setting meetings for all staffs reporting to the Product Manager.
- Manage direct and indirect reports and ensure the development of appropriate skills and career development.
- Expertise in Product for Engineering & Site Services.
- Expertise in Projects (value chain, technological bricks, layouts, actors and allotment strategy, projects phases, focus on design and HSE studies…), Safety and Permitting, and Cost estimation (Capex, Opex, expected cost evolution)
- Lead the Practice efforts to expand the company knowledge base and market by encouraging and facilitating the team activities, including sharing and encouraging the dissemination of project knowledge, experiences and best practices, and facilitating staff and client discussions.
- Encourage and nurture learning within the team and across Tractebel’s individual Practices to promote locally relevant, successful, and sustainable development solutions.
Performance and Financial Management
- Responsible for Overall execution and Technical Performance of the Product.
- Carrying out Project Management role for selected Projects
- Preparation of Annual Product Budget & perform based on the approved budget.
- Ensuring Ethics Compliance & Process compliance as per Company’s Ethics Policy and ISO procedures respectively, both at Head office Teams & Site teams.
- Training & mentoring the Managers & Engineers of the Product for their effective performance and transformation to changing customer/market need.
- Ensuring Project Performance, monitoring and Budget Control, Invoicing, Cash Collection and Customer satisfaction for all projects within the Product.
- Conducting Periodic Project meetings, both Internal/External and MIS to management.
Relationship Building and Business Development
- Active participation in bidding for and acquiring new business/projects and provision of support to Business development in ongoing tenders.
- Help to define and prioritize the market, targets and go to market strategy in Tractebel.
- Contribute to expand Tractebel’s network of experts.
- Provide leadership support during preparation of proposals and guidance to BD and Sales & Proposals teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, additional degree in MBA/PGDM will be preferred.
- At least 10 years of relevant managerial experience.
- Significant experience in handling a team for engineering management.
- Experience in Project Management
- Business Development/project development experience.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to function in teams spread across different geographies.
- Ability to lead small or large teams and deliver defined work packages.