Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy, and urbanization. About the company
With more than 10000 people around the globe, GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. Serving clients across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD people share a passion for exceeding the expectations of our clients and contributing to their success. Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for contributing towards the attainment of Region budget in a complex Region. Has budget accountability for Operational Area or Market Sector.
- Handles workload of own Operational area (entire market sector or multiple Business Groups) and collaborates with counterparts across Regions to secure work for underutilised team members as needed.
- Collaborates with own technical team or Service Line globally to secure additional projects needed to maintain own team members and personal utilisation
- Consolidates information gained from working collaboratively across multi-discipline projects with others at a similar level in different parts of the Region, with the purpose of providing input towards the development of the business plan for the Region.
- Influences the development of the Business Group business plan.
- Provide Direction
- Accountability for the Performance
- Accountable for business, functional or operational areas, processes or programs, in a complex Region which may include dotted-line management.
- Develops, implements and improv operating policies, processes and procedures for own business area drawing on knowledge of local legislative requirements, global standard methodology and QA100 requirements (in a highly legislated or regulated environment and across multiple Business Groups.
- Consolidates and prioritises solutions developed across different projects and clients, and leverages these for the benefit of the broader Region and beyond.
- Approves the application of new/novel solutions or technologies, designs and applications / service offerings to solve complex problems in response to changing market trends and competitor activity.
- Draws on knowledge of area of experience and global standard methodology to tackle unique and highly complex problems that may be unprecedented within a Business.
- Technical Lead for a high profile / complex / multiple field project, being responsible for all phases of the project
- Technically sought out both within GHD and from external national and/or international clients / industry bodies to act as a trusted advisor. Actively contributes in thought leadership as an industry leader (typically through papers published / regular conference speaking engagements).
- Responsible as part of a Region’s leadership team for talent and succession planning to ensure current and future capability to deliver on business plan for a large or complex Region.
- Accountable for managing people on a day-to-day basis and deploying resources; typically is responsible for performance evaluation, training and development of team, employee engagement, salary review recommendation and approval, and staffing / resourcing decisions.
- Communicates and contextualises Region strategy and goals for a complex Region.
- Decisions are guided by organisation strategies and Region business plans and objectives; receives guidance and direction from General Manager – Region or Market Leader – Business. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Technical skills and experience required
- Minimum 20 years’ experience,10 years in the UAE an advantage
- Professional registrations preferred (CIOB, RICS, CIBSE)
- Degree in project / construction management subjects preferred.