- To plan, implement, coordinate, and supervise Health Safety and Environment activities within projects, Company methods and relevant laws, standards and regulations.
- To support the HSE company activities (e.g. procedures implementation, management system maintenance, training, indicators analysis and improvement initiatives).
- To perform audit and inspections as per management system / continuous improvement and reduce likelihood of accidents.
- To lead and influence co-worker’s and project teams, including suppliers/subcontractors, to act safely and to promote a safety behavioural culture.
- To ensure that all HSE activities at project level are carried on in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, client requirements, company Environmental and Safety Standards including suppliers/subcontractors.
- To ensure HSE coordination and compliance with the company policy procedures and to coordinate with site team to implement all the actions required for a proper implementation of HSE culture and methodologies.
- To assist Projects team in dealing with stakeholders in all issues related to HSE.
- To ensure that all HSE activities are carried out in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, client requirements, international standards and company Environmental and Safety Standards, including suppliers/subcontractors.
- To ensure HSE coordination and compliance with the company policy procedures and to coordinate with local team to implement all the actions required for a proper implementation of HSE culture and methodologies.
- To ensure vessel operation are carried on complying with ISM Code rules, SOLAS and MARPOL.
- To assist in Risk Management process (i.e. HAZID, HAZOP) and Permit To Work system.
- To facilitate accidents/incidents investigation and to carry out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans at Project and company level.
- To conduct HSE audits, both internal and external, and organize inspections and walkthroughs.
- Those activities can be related to ISO 45001 and 14001 standards as well as legal compliance.
- To develop and perform HSE training programs and to promote a safety behavioural culture within the organization and toward suppliers and subcontractors.
- To ensure, in accordance with the head quarter guidelines, the development, planning, implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Management System.
- To lead the planning, collection, management and analysis of HSE indicators.
- To ensure the proper waste management, including segregation, collection and reporting.
- Minimum 20+ years experience and extensive background in offshore construction projects.
- Previous experience in ARAMCO & ADNOC projects will be of added advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is mandatory.