World Food Programme
Under the supervision of the Deputy Global ETC Coordinator, Global ETC team in the IT Emergency Preparedness and Response Branch (TECF), the candidate will be expected to lead the Global ETC capacity building team and associated activities in support of IT Emergency Preparedness and Response (EPR) activities.
Job Title: Project Management Officer (Learning & Development)
Level: SC 8
Salary: Starting from AED 24,374.25 per month (inclusive of pension), plus medical insurance and other entitlements.
Duration of Employment: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Lead and manage the Global ETC capacity building team. Motivate staff, providing coaching, training, advice, and guidance to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines. Support staff-related administrative tasks including performance and evaluation, onboarding, leave and deployment calendar.
- Engage in work planning, resource management, monitoring, and evaluation of Global ETC capacity building activities in line with the Global ETC strategy and vision.
- Support each team members throughout the design, development, and implementation of project activities, plans and processes as per the work plan ensuring alignment with WFP and other humanitarian actors’ programmes, policies, and guidelines.
- Ensure that standard reporting procedures and templates are followed and made available, to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of capacity building products within the ETC.
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes and activities through effective monitoring and evaluation. Identify and steer implementation of process improvements to support Global ETC’s capacity building vision, plans, and efforts.
- Encourage innovation by identifying new areas and delivery methods for capacity building based on identified needs.
- Build and foster partner relationships and work with a wide range of humanitarian actors – global and local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to collaborate on capacity building activities.
- Ensure best practices, WFP policies, procedures, systems, and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP and other humanitarian actors in conduction their work
- Advocate to enhance visibility of ETC and build awareness of ETC services and activities amongst key stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: University degree in Business Management, Social sciences or other relevant field.
- Five years or more of professional experience, including some experience in learning and development or training, Humanitarian Affairs, or Monitoring and Evaluation, or other related field.
- Experience in managing teams, strongly desired.
- Ability to manage a team effectively.
- Act as a role model of the values, principles and standards of WFP, actively contributing to creating an enabling, inclusive work environment through respectful and constructive communication and holding self and other team members accountable for their actions.
- Ability to plan and organise work programme and to work with minimum supervision under own initiative; Tact and ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds; demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and time constraints.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to report efficiently and regularly to management on activities and projects delivery.
- Basic knowledge of common IT and telecommunications technologies for humanitarian emergency response.
- Knowledge of standard Office software packages.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- The United Nations World Food Programme is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified female candidates and UAE Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only those candidates shortlisted will be notified.