To be successful as a security officer you should be highly observant and able to objectively assess the severity of a situation. An outstanding security officer should be able to remain calm and decisive in any situation.
- Providing personal protection to the client at all times.
- Driving the client to his business and personal appointments.
- Installing security systems and controls.
- Communicating with law enforcement, fire departments, and emergency medical personnel.
- Ensuring the security of all personnel and visitors.
- Investigating suspicious behavior, incidents, and security breaches.
- Apprehending trespassers and perpetrators.
- Maintaining an activity log.
- Adhering to company policies and legal regulations.
- High school diploma.
- Registered as a security officer.
- Outstanding surveillance and observation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of public safety, security operations, and procedures.
- Knowledge of state laws and regulations.
- Trained in First Aid and self-defense.
- Driver’s license.