World Health Organization
1- Quality Assurance Officer
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
- Design and implement a quality assurance protocol to ensure the integrity of all health commodities destined for Yemen and conduct acomprehensive review of all inventory on-hand and being sent to Dubai to identify items at risk of expiry or health kits that will require items to be removed to extend the shelf-life of the kit.
- Complete a cost benefit analysis to triage the inventory on-hand and identify the most cost-effective solutions for extending the shelf-life of health kits, including manufacture date, expiry date, batch number, lot number, purchase order number, and value per unit of measure.
- Segregate any medical supplies unfit for distributionin Yemen and develop detailed records to enable the WHO/Dubai Logistics Hub torapidly offer items with short shelf-life to other health emergencies in orderto minimize losses.
- Design a programmatic approach toadopt best practices in inventory management of health commodities. Implement methodologies to ensure inventory data in WHO Dubai records and the GlobalInventory Management System (GIMS) are 100% aligned.
- A first level university degree in health (medicine, nursing), pharmacy or other related field with training in health logistics.
- At least five years of relevant experience with international exposure in health commodity management with emphasis in quality assurance, planning, and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of pharmaceutical management, inventory management best practices, and considerations for the disposal of medical supplies.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with proven ability to elaborate and implement a quality assurance program.