The Regional Director is responsible for the provision of leadership across the Africa portfolio, through an insightful and detailed understanding of existing and potential markets, in line with Iqarus’s competitive business strategy. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this role will provide senior level guidance and stakeholder management across the following key areas of responsibility
- Deliver Iqarus operations across the Africa portfolio, collaborating effectively with the Director of Delivery, to ensure that all projects are successfully supported from mobilisation to demobilisation;
- Financial management of multi-million dollar project delivery, including leading on the P&L, budget forecasting and tracking, and oversight of the business pipeline;
- Responsible for ensuring all Iqarus operations across the portfolio are conducted to the highest standards of integrity and ethics, in compliance with all applicable laws and customer requirements and for ensuring that the Quality and HSE policies are understood, implemented and maintained at all levels;
- Champion a culture of aggressive commercial growth and strict discipline of cost control across the portfolio;
- Work in close collaboration and continuous alignment with sales (BD, AM, Bid) and marketing, to be at the forefront at identifying new commercial partnerships and acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance of local cash management systems in support of the financial DOA and central finance policies
- Develop and grow new and existing commercial relationships with regional and local government authorities and market participants within the business community;
- Provide and advise on commercial information to the Commercial/Sales/Bid Team, for bid purposes;
- Own operational input to the bid process, including provision of the written Concept of Operations
- Visit all portfolio projects at least once each Financial Year and through face-to-face meetings, identify opportunities of specific interest for future growth;
- Works closely with Regional Medical Directors, and clinical management to develop the best, most commercially effective clinical operational solution to clients;
- Support team and individual development, both clinical and non-clinical.
- Ideally Degree level, but at a minimum, Diploma level management qualification from a recognised institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ operational experience at a senior level gained within a corporate environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and management of operational processes and requirements;
- Demonstrated experience with developing new business;
- Experience with developing and managing relationships at a senior level within international government authorities;
- Fluent in English; Fluency in other languages, such as French and/or Arabic is an advantage.
- Ability to convert initial client contact into proposal, and service delivery;
- Demonstrates integrity and upholds ethics and values;
- The ability to plan, implement and maintain multimillion USD projects;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to convey complex messages across a wide ranging audience;
- Ability to produce complex conceptual written proposals/documentation (aimed at new business);
- Must have the ability to cost and present financial details in order to manage budget;
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT in order to present and accurately maintain internal and external reporting requirements;
- Promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams;
- Encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment.
- Strong leadership qualities, personal drive to succeed and energy;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and proactively
- Solid attention to detail and the ability to critically analyse both financial and management information.