Are you looking for a change? Does a new, challenging opportunity excite you? We have the opportunity for you! As a dedicated Vaco Senior Accountant, you will be tasked with the following:
- Managing the accounting for multiple entities and projects, including financial reporting and management of cash flows.
- Working closely with business development and delivery teams to ensure seamless work in progress tracking and reporting.
- Assist with accounting and reporting software integration and coordinate ongoing utilization and continuous learning with the IT department.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual reconciliations.
- Managing monthly journal entries and schedules for multiple entities.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.
- Assisting in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assisting with month-end and year-end close procedures, including consolidation for multiple entities.
- Researching technical accounting literature and assisting in preparations of technical memos.
- Assisting with creation, refinement and implementation of accounting policies & procedures.
- Helping develop internal processes, metrics, and business decision-making.
- Working on cross team initiatives and seeking out efficiencies for other areas important for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (MS in Accounting or BA) and multiple years of experience as a staff or public accountant (preferably Big 4)
- CPA certification (received or in progress) highly preferred
- Highly proficient with Excel
- User level of Accounting software (QuickBooks, Sage, NetSuite, etc.) experience is preferred