The First Group
Senior Accountant responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate has also experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants .
Senior Accountant duties also include ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all of our accounting tasks.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance is a must, Masters Degree can be a plus.
- Must have five years of work experience in General Accounting (experience with financial reporting is a plus but not required)
- Has general knowledge in accounting particularly rents, salary, bank reconciliation, and other accounts reconciliations
- Preferably worked in hospitality industry in UAE
- Should have excellent analytical skills and advanced skills using Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in communicating in English.
- Proficiency in Micros, Opera, FMC, SUN systems.