Develop and implement Namshi’s Brand and Product Strategy with a view to supporting the successful achievement of Namshi’s goals and objectives. Be a leading member of the buying team, re-focusing & planning the department to maximize our brands full selling potential while still maintaining our group strategy in line with our team KPI’s.
● Develop, maintain and communicate to team members as well as Category Manager a clear and well-articulated buying plan supported by sales, promotion and branding/supplier strategy.
● Drive and manage the assortment development and review, providing analysis to support decision-making whilst owning product selection oversight.
● Reconcile top-down budgets with bottom-up department plans and forecasts alongside the Merchandise Planner and present these to the Category Manager. ● Manage a holistic view of your business and constantly feedback information to the teams to make sure we are meeting plans.
● Manage a brand & category matrix to help identify duplication as well as potential gaps in our assortments.
● Understand your customer and provide the teams with a detailed view on varied customer profiles.
● Accumulate trend information and generally maintain market and competitor awareness in keeping with our target customer to inform and analyze buying decisions and product performance. ● Manage monthly department level open-to-buy whilst ensuring alignment to business plans.
● Manage inventory levels through ordering sufficient quantities of product while ensuring best performers are adequately stocked and poor performers are cleared (negotiate returns to supplier and mark down contribution).
● Manage order deadlines to allow enough time for the category manager to review & approve orders before placing.
● Plan deliveries in line with sales targets & % mix by category, price level and stock levels to achieve sales, profitability and turnover.
● Plan launch of key brands together with the Category Manager.
● Work closely together with the Category Manager on Marketing and Content trends and planned brand shoots for various marketing channels.
● Determine which samples will be used in monthly edits, social pushes or special events in a timely manner. ● Work alongside the senior/merch planner to monitor weekly size & stock v sales analysis to ensure all brands are trading correctly in line with sales plans.
● Analyze vendor profitability, SKU productivity and key item performance by brand and category.
● Have a clear plan, strategy and direction for own portfolio on a monthly basis and be ready to report on progress ad hoc, as well as monthly.
● Review and monitor sales reports for all brands, products, categories and price levels including best/worst sellers and using this to aid future buying decisions, maximizing sales and minimizing risk.
● Monitor progress against plan, adherence to budgets and the ability to adjust and revise buying strategy according to organizational objectives on a weekly and monthly basis.