Challenges you will solve:
- Participate in all stages of infrastructure provisioning, from POC to production support.
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the systems infrastructure.
- Adhere with DevOps & SRE (Site Reliability Engineer) principles/pillars.
- Align with SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) and business values.
- Ensure maximum availability and reliability of our mission critical platforms, complying with our SLA and SLO.
- Apply the latest OS and security patches ensuring the compatibility of underlying running application.
- Participate in the disaster recovery/business continuity (DRBC) routine exercises.
- Handle help desk & JIRA tickets and mitigate any production issues.
- Ensure accurate knowledge base documentation in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of secure web app deployments in AWS (3+ years).
- Extensive experience as a Linux administrator, particularly CentOS 7.x & AWS Linux 2.
- Having the DevOps mindset of continuous improvement for operational excellency.
- The ability to work with little supervision; must be self-driven and motivated.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with containerized microservices delivered with Docker, Kubernetes (Kops, AWS EKS), and OpenShift 4.x.
- Manage & optimize unified logging system and APM (Application Performance Management) monitoring tools, constantly reduce the MTTR (Mean Time to Recovery).
- Strong scripting skills using Shell and Python or Go (a plus).
- Work collaboratively with DevOps engineers, DevOps architects and SREs.
- Experience in working collaboratively with various applications development teams throughout the organization to resolve problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and process technical documents.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and the ability to translate business requirements into information systems solutions.
- Experience with IT security.
- Someone who is a team player.
- Professional IT certifications, such as Red Hat Certified Engineer, and AWS certifications (a huge plus).
- Relevant work experience (9+ years), either in software development or systems engineering, IT infrastructure.
- Masters degree in technology related, engineering or computer science (a plus).
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Provide mission critical production support in case of an outage during off business hours if necessary.