Partner Management & Acquisition (PM&A) sits within Visa Payments Limited, an integral part of Visa Direct, with the objective to unleash the power of Visa to ‘beyond the card’. This enables Visa clients to send and/or receive money through bank accounts around the world. The PM&A team is responsible for the acquisition, management and oversight of external payment bank/non-bank service providers. You will work within a dynamic team that acts as key point of contact for numerous internal stakeholders; businesses, project management, technology and operational division. The team is regularly called upon as the subject matter expert for discussion around new client opportunities to ensure that we source and deliver for the best client solution.
- Oversee and monitor the end to end process of selection to successful on-boarding of new partners (bank or non-bank payments service providers), working with technical, operational and commercial teams to resolve any issues and manage the successful completion in accordance with agreed timetable.
- Agree and manage a programme of dual supply on all routes with regular volume to ensure route resilience and effective cost optimization
- Identify, select and contract new payment partners in collaboration with the central network team and in accordance with the network standards and performance criteria. Provide clear, complete, accurate and compelling information about the process, criteria, expected standards of network partners.
- Agree with central team and Regional Management; and manage delivery of a programme of target new bank partners to replace non-bank partners on all routes, wherever possible.
- Work with sales/ account managers to understand route demand from current and new clients. Work in partnership with sales team to attend select client meetings to deliver compelling value proposition relating to routes, local capabilities, pricing linked to volumes etc.
- Develop and maintain senior relationships with relevant management personnel in banking and non-banking partner businesses. Through structured, professional, informed and professional dialogue demonstrate Visa Payments Limited as a highly experienced, credible and compelling payment banking partner worthy of relationships at senior levels of its partner companies
- Work with wider team and sales and marketing, to identify, plan and deliver effective marketing and brand building events and engagements with clients and partners.
- 8 or more years of relevant experience in a global bank or payment company in correspondent banking, network management or international cash management function
- Experience in dealing with banks in CEMEA region (Middle East and Africa and/or former Soviet states), evidence of successfully establishing and growing institutional relationships
- Knowledge of Global Payments and FX
- Experience in Sales and Business Development
- High-level familiarity with various technical connectivity options (e.g., API, SFTP/H2H, SWIFT) and payment standards (SWIFT FIN, ISO 20022) is an advantage
- Region-relevant language skills (such as French, Arabic, Russian) would be beneficial as would be understanding of the payment ecosystem in the region