Careem Grocery is on a mission to reinvent the way people shop for grocery, pharmacy and retail products. As an exciting new vertical within Careem (a startup within a startup), we’re in the early stages of building our product and have plenty of interesting and fundamental challenges to solve in order to achieve our ambitious growth goals in this burgeoning space.
As a Sr. Supply Chain Manager, you’ll make sure that we get the right stock to our stores at the right time. This is a unique role with the opportunity to create genuine impact for the lives of everyday people in our region.
- Establish a deep understanding of Careem’s business, internal processes, and overall supply chain, operations, and inventory management processes
- Lead the Item Planning process ensuring that the bottom-up items/ volume forecast are aligned with category targets.
- Analyze Item Sales, Margin, OOS, Rate of Sale, Item Productivity, and Damage & Expiration performance vs. goal; create and drive action plans to improve the business
- Develop efficient inventory flows to improve on Quality & Performance KPIs across core-categories, working alongside Business Development teams & Suppliers.
- Close collaboration with Suppliers to optimize fulfillment and achieve best-in-class fill-rates.
- Stay updated on inventory management/supply chain best practices in an e-commerce and last mile delivery environment.
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well
- Self-starter – the ability to self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role
- Even though we are working remotely, we are strong believers in collaboration and the power of building social connections with our teams. For that reason, our offices are still open and provide plenty of collaboration-friendly spaces at times when teams need it or if you need a quiet space to work outside of home.
- You’ll be working in the location you’re hired from. Due to legal and compensation considerations, you will need to be based out of the country you’re hired from as your primary work location.
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day