1- Senior Procurement Officer
Job: Full Time
Location: Dubai, UAE
- Provides procurement support to specific bids in line with the SMS (Serco Management System) and Serco’s Bid Methodology. Provides the key interface between a specific Bid Team and the relevant Category team within Global Procurement.
- Responsible within a bid team for interpreting and helping facilitate the thinking around client requirements, assisting estimators with estimating the volumes and benchmarking the price of outsource service lines; assisting solutions developers in clarifying client requirements into specifications for suppliers; obtaining & negotiating suppliers’ commercial proposals whilst managing contractual risks; and delivering to client timescales.
- Where appropriate, and with legal support, manages the offsetting of customer-imposed risks by flowing-down terms to suppliers through the development of appropriate contractual agreements.
- Ensures bid alignment with Serco’s evolving procurement category strategies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Procurement preferably in the Facilities Management sector.
- Holder of a Bachelor’s Degree or post-graduate qualification (e.g. MSc/MBA) or a professional qualification such as MCIPS.
- Experience of working in Procurement in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is preferable.
- Ability to communicate in the spoken and written Arabic will be an advantage.