Defense Digital Service
Come do impactful work with a brilliant, motivated team.About Defense Digital Service Defense Digital Service (DDS) transforms how the Department of Defense (DoD) designs, builds, buys, and deploys technology in order to save lives and improve products and services. Our work touches on a wide range of issues -— from cybersecurity to climate; Counter-Unmanned system development to data-wrangling. We tackle these complex challenges head-on by recruiting exceptional tech talent from industry and government to our talented team for a two-year term (with the option to renew for a second term).
DDS is not like other workplaces. The work that you do here will directly contribute to our national security, improve the lives of those who serve, and make an impact that spans the globe. If you are thinking to yourself — I’m not a DoD person, or I’m not a government person – whatever that means to you, don’t be so convinced. The impact you can make here is truly phenomenal. If that excites you and you have the skills, you should apply. We are solving a diverse set of problems, and we need a diverse team to do it.
- Learn and understand. You’ll be a subject matter expert for your customer’s experience.
- Lead the way. Collaborate with your teams and stakeholders to develop and communicate the vision for the product.
- Navigates large organizations to get things done. Uncovers policies, laws, people/relationships needed to move a project forward.
- Pushes back on “we’ve always done it this way” and works to change ill-informed or outdated policies
- Create goals for your teams. Align and prioritize initiatives with the product roadmap in accordance with the customer’s needs and overall operational goals.
- Display a customer-first mindset. You have deep empathy for your customers, coupled with an approach to solving problems for them within your digital product landscape.
- Collaborate across all disciplines. Work closely with engineering and design resources to develop feasible, viable and desirable solutions while incorporating fan feedback through multiple iterations of your products.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of data. You are always looking to better understand your customers and find opportunities to serve them through both qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Foster team communication. Clearly, communicate the performance of your product utilizing key communication tools like detailed mock-ups, user flows, and prototypes.
- Requirements gathering and writing. Document and organize requirements using Agile methods like themes, epics and user stories with detailed acceptance criteria.
- Timeline Planning. Work with your teams to be able to create and communicate timelines utilizing modern tools and methodologies to drive toward completion.
- Multiple years developing successful digital products across various platforms including web, apps and connected devices.
- You’ve led multiple teams preferably comprising various functions like Engineering, QA, UX Design in addition to product.
- You’ve created clear objectives to guide teams to success.
- You’ve created and maintained roadmaps for multiple channels of work.
- You have a track record of leading large-scale products from conception through to completion.
- You ruthlessly prioritize initiatives balancing business goals with customer impact.
- You have observed and participated in customer interviews to gain insights into your products.
- You focus your teams on delivering results and meeting data-driven goals.
- You understand how to manage stakeholders and how to gain backing for your team’s initiatives.
- You enjoy learning new skills and keeping up to date with developments in technology.
- You are highly motivated, wanting to work with the best and be the best.
- You inspire your teams to build best-in-class products.