We’re looking for a SEO Marketing & Content Strategy Manager to lead and define an integrated, best-in-class search marketing, channel, and content strategy program across the chemical sector. This person will be a collaborative partner with other marketing functions, sales, and product lines. They will guide a comprehensive digital approach that advances the brand and leverages data and insights to inform and develop solutions that continually improve engagement with the clients. The position reports to the Head of Global Based Chemical Marketing and will partner closely with the product leads within the business.
In this role, you will take ownership of the growth of our organic marketing channels across all our markets and domains. You will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise to drive, shape, and implement highly ambitious SEO strategies and boost organic traffic to our site. You have a key role to identify and optimize key user journeys for our business. Organic search results and SEO form a critical part of our business and marketing strategy. As a result, you will have the opportunity to define ambitious KPI-driven goals, collaborate and align with multiple internal stakeholders, and leverage engineering resources to implement your strategies.This is a ‘hands-on’ autonomous role and the individual needs to be comfortable working on their own initiative with minimal supervision and be self-directive.
- Define and drive the digital channel and content strategy, in alignment with growth goals, clients experience objectives, and the brand strategy
- Play an important leadership role in upgrading digital marketing and clients engagement platforms. Emphasizing modern approaches to delivering relevant, customized content to different targeted segments
- Lead and develop integrated, multi-channel digital strategies, with a sophisticated understanding of audiences, channels, and formats
- Act as the point person and knowledge owner for the marketing team, external vendors, and contractors focusing on SEO and listing management – ensuring continuity of work plan and goals
- Lead vendor selection efforts and directly negotiate rates and contracts with those vendors
- Manage timelines, budgets, resources, and maintain effective communications and relationships with internal and external partners.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) / Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Accelerate efforts to increase web traffic from organic search, working with internal and external team members and tools. This includes identifying and prioritizing changes to the website from a technical perspective in order to improve ranking as well as optimizing keyword strategies that heavily influence our content development
- Administer SEM campaigns to increase the likelihood of prospective patients choosing Penn Medicine for their care
- Further programmatic efforts to optimize SEO and SEM as aligned, interconnected tactics
- Ensure all content produced is optimized for the given medium, aligned with other tactics and formats, and created with a deep sense of empathy for the needs of patients
- Develop complex, multichannel communication journeys across multiple platforms, channels, and segments
- Build and contribute to sales-facing content: country decks, customer story slides, videos, etc.
- Ensure content on all channels conforms to best practices in readability and accessibility and is aligned with brand standards
- Amplify our brand presence on social media in support of brand and reputation strategies, using paid and organic methods
- 6+ years of proven business-to-business marketing, preferably in the energy industry
- Strong hands-on experience with organic search platforms such Google Analytics, Google Search Console, WordPress, Ahrefs, ScreamingFrog, SE Ranking, and other SEO platforms are highly desirable
- Google Analytics certified individuals, Hubspot & Eloqua familiarity (or other content management systems e.g. Sendgrid, Mixpanel, Active campaign) and basic knowledge of HTML, J-SON LD or CSS are preferred
- Demonstrate proficiency with SEO tools, including Google Search Console and crawling software
- An analytical mindset and a very good understanding of business-savvy SEO KPIs
- Track record of measurable success in developing and growing pipeline through innovative programs to scale company growth
- Strong ability to think strategically, analytically, and creatively to break down problems and find effective solutions
- Leading and directing the implementation of strategic and operative on- and off-page SEO strategies, campaigns, and optimization
- Staying ahead of industry changes and acting as our in-house expert on new approaches to SEO
- Leading technical SEO analysis, identifying and executing website optimization strategies that deliver organic leads and conversions
- Well versed in preparing SEO reports on a fortnightly and monthly basis to be shared with stakeholders and identifying areas for improvement.
- Developing, tracking, and monitoring SEO targets, including KPIs and OKRs, in alignment with business strategy
- Proven content marketing capabilities including strategy, writing, creation, and execution of marketing assets across multiple media – including social media, blogs, websites and email
- Experience working in a cross-functional, matrix organization, including the understanding of global/ regional/ country organizational dynamics
- Familiarity with marketing analytics and understanding of how to apply data toward the development of web content
- Strong analytical capabilities. Innate ability to navigate through a complex matrix organization and lead process changes. Thrive in a fast-paced connected sales and marketing environment.
- A strong leader who has experience working with multiple cultures and stakeholders across global locations and time zones
- Highly collaborative
- Hands-on, goal-driven, and a positive attitude and sense of ownership
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $77,520. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.