As a Session Lead/Instructor, you will be meeting virtually on a weekly basis with your students for group work, activities and short lectures. During the week, students are expected to study an estimated 10 hours on their Nanodegree programs on their own, and you will be expected to respond to their technical questions and check-in with them to make sure they are making progress.
- Provide technical support for students daily over an online community forum
- Answer questions around course content over the forum and facilitate content for students who get stuck in learning
- Participate in organizing community activities in coordination with the forum’s admin to ensure a fun and engaging learning environment and to help in improving students’ progress (such as online webinars, technical quizzes, technical challenges..etc)
- Share interesting extracurricular information over its dedicated categories, such as content-related news articles and useful resources to enrich the personal and professional aspects of the community
- Attend regular online meetings/ office hours with Udacity representatives through zoom, the online forum, or other medians if needed.
- Be responsive over close groups and discussions with Udacity representatives
- Provide students with 1:1 support over the community forum or using other medians if needed
- Tutors should check their private tutor’s category on the forum on a daily basis to be up to date with all the latest news from your peer tutors, community moderators, and your Udacity community manager
- Residing in Saudi Arabia, UAE, or other Middle East countries
- Bilingual: English and Arabic
- Experience teaching technical concepts and public speaking
- Experience organizing technical talks, or webinars
- Positive character, trusted by the students, creating emotional ties in the group
- Existing tech network and experience in technical conversations & discussions
- Flexibility at their current job to take this challenge part-time as an external contractor.