Middle East and North Africa (UAE, Saudi Arabia and Egypt) is one of the key emerging marketplaces for Amazon. We run highly successful Event programs (High Velocity Events), offering customers and sellers compelling value propositions via large tent-pole Sale events (Ramdan + Eid, Prime Day, 11/11 and White Friday) across all 3 countries. These events are essential building blocks to deliver our annual customer acquisition and engagement goals and enable MENA region to reach scale.
We are looking for a strong Program Manager with the vision, and operational capability to build and deliver high fidelity events. This role will excite you if you are looking to transform the way Middle East & North Africa (MENA) buys and sells and eventually change millions of lives. As part of this team you will be encouraged to build great customer experiences and will be given the autonomy to push boundaries.
This role will require you to work closely with key stakeholders to plan and execute these events. This role is inherently high-visibility and cross-functional, requiring synergy and influence with many consumer business units across Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly organized, analytical, excel at managing and influencing broad stakeholder groups, able to work extremely effectively in a complex organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of inputs into a successful event. This will require excellent written and oral communication skills, data-driven analyses and insights, excellent business judgment, strong interpersonal skills, deep curiosity about how things work, and a passion for customers. S/he must enjoy context-switching and operating at all levels of the organization to deliver results. A successful candidate will be a thought leader who inspires other teams by example to invent and execute on behalf of Amazon’s customers.
Key job responsibilities
- This role is responsible for not only running high fidelity events but more importantly, invent and simplify on behalf of various operational teams. This includes identifying and driving significant efficiency improvement and effort reduction via new processes and / or process improvement across multiple teams.
- The HVE Program Manager role demands a high degree of adherence to the “Plan – Execute – Manage – Monitor” framework.
o Planning includes – (a) conceptualization and alignment on event construct (b) owning goal setting and goal handshakes for the event in collaboration with category, marketing and category finance, operations and XCM teams, (c) setting up and aligning the stakeholders on the event playbook.
o Execution includes – (a) ensuring teams deliver to the playbook and manage deviations where required, (b) tracking and reporting against key milestones before the event and event business metrics during the event (c) co-owning automation of daily event reports and event dashboards with BIE team
o Managing includes – (a) issue and conflict resolution, (b) assisting in experimentation plans.
o Monitoring includes (a) running the virtual conference rooms, (b) establishing mechanisms to close the loop on AIs emanating from the standups, and (c) ensure any deviation in leading indicators for the event or red flags are communicated and addressed.
- The role is cross functional requiring the incumbent to work closely with Senior Leadership team in Central and local Marketing teams, Category, Deals, Finance, XCM, S&OP, CS, Affordability, Prime, Tech and Program teams to drive alignment and ensure timely closures on milestones to successfully deliver an event.
- MBA with professional experience in the area of program management with atleast 8 years of total experience and 4 years in Program Management (Operations / Marketing)
- Proficiency with Excel and SQL required
- Proven track record of delivering results in large, cross-functional initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority and leading cross functional teams across geographies and business units
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex projects and competing priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to build and scale program management processes for new or ambiguous areas
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts, schedule trade-offs and new