he Studio Director turns a rundown into a show. You will be responsible for the clean output of the channel, tasked with delivering a fast and accurate programme using multiple cameras, outside sources, video inserts and graphics. Working in a fast paced Breaking News Channel, you will have to act fast, deal with different technical situations on the spot, prevent any technical issue where possible or confidently instruct on how to fix them. You will be able to have full control of the operational team in the Gallery and the ability to give loud and clear instructions.
- Keep the channel’s output clean and on-air at all times.
- Turn the producers’ rundowns into reality in the best way.
- Manage the gallery and studio team and getting the best from all involved.
- Talk with transmission schedulers and operators to ensure the output is delivered correctly.
- Offer creative input to programme, work alongside the producers and presenters.
- Manage outdoor coverages and shows inside and outside UAE.
- Ability to work in different shift pattern that covers 24 hours rota.
- BA in a relevant media field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Studio Directing and managing a studio within a large channel.
- Good in written and spoken Arabic and English.
- In depth understanding of television production techniques.
- A thorough understanding of the whole news and programs production process, from gathering, editing, graphics, scriptwriting to output and transmission.
- Familiar with Resource Planning.
- A strong knowledge of gallery and studio equipment.
- Ability to remain calm and collected at all times and keeping the Gallery as calm as possible even under real pressure.
- A flair for making innovative, continuous news and programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Wide experience in outdoor coverages, equipment and lighting.