Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Team Leader to join the Housekeeping department at Jumeirah Emirates Towers The main purpose of this role is provide a direct operations support to ensure the housekeeping department achieves its goals and effectively contributes to the guest experience whilst maintaining Jumeirah Brand standards.
- Liaises and cooperate with front office to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Liaises with banqueting and the food and beverage department to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Is constantly aware of the room status to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
- Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be done in the various areas.
- Completes daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
- Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
- Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
- Ensures that plants and flowers are looking fresh and in good condition and to inform the florist of any touch ups that need to be done.
- Understands and adheres to all fire safety procedures.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/ colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- To train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
- Assists in all inventories, which are conducted on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests.
- Minimum 2-3 years in an International 5-star hotel property.
- Minimum 2 years in a professional supervisory role held in respect to this same function and department.
- Experience in training and development.
- Experience in all aspects involved in Retail as well as General Housekeeping.
- At least high school graduate or with degree in Hospitality Management
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge about cleaning chemicals and equipment.
- Ability in taking initiatives, displaying leadership, problem solving, delegating, prioritizing and goal setting.
- Colleague management and sustenance of people relations is significant in this case.