BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
- As the Technical Support Specialist,
- you will be providing Technical Support to internal and external customers by solving complex software issues,
- dispatching field service for hardware issues and answering usage questions regarding proprietary software and hardware.
- Your role is vital in managing, resolving, and facilitating resolution for BD Pyxis dispensing platforms.
- This is a remote base Canada position, with preferred locations: Quebec, Nova Scotia,
- Ontario and/or Newfoundland.
- There will be a 90-day training period from Monday to Friday from 8h00 to 17h00.
- Upon completion of the training period, the role will work 5 days a week between Monday and Sunday,
- 8 hours a day between the hours of 6h00 and 18h00.
- The ideal candidate is a college graduate with a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Pharmacy or nursing experience a plus.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, A+, MCTS, MCSE
- MS SQL Server (SQL 2008/2012) 3+ years
- Should be able to write advanced queries (i.e. Select and Join statements) and analyze SQL data within complex database structures.
- SSIS (SQL Job) exposure/experience
- MS SQL Reporting Services.
- MS OS knowledge (3+ Years)
- Windows Server 2008/2012
- Windows 7 and Windows 10
- Microsoft IIS and Web Applications
- Ability to use and interpret results from troubleshooting tools (2+ years), including but not limited to:
- Application logs
- OS event logs
- Performance Monitor
- Performance Counters
- Task Manager
- Active Directory with a basic understanding of Group Policies and Security Permissions (1+ years)
- Networking topology and troubleshooting (2+ years)
- Understanding XML (1+ years)
- VMware experience or exposure (1+ years)
- Fluency in English required (verbal, read, write).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple high priority issues simultaneously.
- Strong personal commitment to quality, customer service and patient safety.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex technical systems to a non-technical audience.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrable ability to maintain a professional demeanor when handling complex user issues and high stress situations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org