The First Collection
Comprising of award-winning hotels and restaurants, The First Collection is an innovative lifestyle brand offering exciting hospitality services and unforgettable dining experiences.
portfolio of five operational hotels are renowned for their world-class service and cutting-edge amenities designed to ease guests into their stay. The First Collection at JVC opened in September 2021 and is the first branded and managed hotel under the group. , offers comfortable studios and one-bedroom apartments in the heart of the city, and is owned and managed by The First Collection. Bringing to the market a range of franchised properties, the group also manages and , which are franchises of the Wyndham Group. While Citadines Metro Central Dubai, offers hotel apartments in a prime location and is a franchise of The Ascott Limited.
The First Collection’s restaurants offer exceptional and original dining experiences that focus on creating unique lifestyle-driven dining concepts with a strong emphasis on quality and affordability. The rapidly growing portfolio of restaurants, cafes and bars features a dynamic mix of homegrown brands and recognised International franchises, including MasterChef, the TV Experience – the world’s first restaurant based on the global TV phenomenon. With an emphasis on social dining, this exciting restaurant portfolio is helping establish the collection of upscale and upper midscale hotels among Dubai’s hottest gastronomic and lifestyle destinations.
With ambitious growth plans in the years ahead , The First Collection will be opening numerous upper scale hotels and a series of dining concepts throughout Dubai.
- Ensure TFC brand standards, policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features/services, hours of operations, all hotel restaurant food concepts, menu price range, dress code and ambiance, all hotel room types, numbers/names, layout appointments, amenities and locations, all hotel room rates, special packages and promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures scheduled daily group activities, names and locations of meeting/banquet rooms, room availability status for any given day.
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the areas.
- Organize and implement all special needs, personal preferences and amenity distribution in accordance to the department’s standards and procedures.
- Answer and direct all external incoming telephone calls following the standard telephone etiquettes.
- Takes In Room Dining orders from the guests over the telephone. Enters order into MICROS system.
- Communicates special instructions to the kitchen and expediters.
- Handles guests’ complaints and takes action to resolve problems.
- Accepts and relays guests messages, either manually, written or through voice mail system.
- Maintain and update Opera telephone Directory.
- Prepare any admin related tasks delegated by the line manager.
- Takes request for wake up calls and follows through to ensure guests receive their wake up call at the requested time.
- Greets guests with a cheerful and pleasant voice during the conversation.
- Responds to emergency situations calmly, effectively, according to hotel guidelines.
- Actively participate in sending and distributing all incoming and outgoing faxes and messages.
- Understand and know all SOPs for fire evacuation, your role and what is required in Emergency situation.
- Successful completion of the training / certification process.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments. Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Follow, comply and ensure that all guests are checked-in and out from the DTCM e-service portal and CID systems.
- Follow, comply and ensure that all service requests and incidents either requested by a guest and/or associates are logged into FCS/e-connect software in a timely manner.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the supervisor and/or management.
Desired Skill & Expertise
- At least 2+ year experience working at the reception or as a telephone operator in a 4* property with 250+ inventory.
- 1 year experience Front Office computer literacy
- Excellent communications skills with Proficiency in speaking and writing English.
- Team player with excellent planning, organizing skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Able to work flexible working hours with rotating shifts.
- Pleasant personality and good grooming.