The University of Law
Tutor/Senior Tutor in Corporate Law
The Role –Tutor/Senior Tutor in Corporate Law
The University of Law (ULaw) is one of the UK’s longest-established specialist providers of legal education. With an alumni network in excess of 71,000, we’ve trained more practising lawyers in the UK than anyone else
As our student numbers increase and we continue to diversify our programmes and portfolio, we are looking for a Tutor/Senior Tutor to join our Academic Team based at our Nottingham campus.
Reporting into our Academic Manager, you will be providing tuition across the University of Law course portfolio including, the Legal Practice Course, SQE, Law Conversion Programmes, the LLM in Legal Practice, the LLB, the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), Master’s in Law, PSC/PD, the BPC, Academic Masters courses and/or other University courses to the best possible standard.
Ideally experienced in corporate law you will cover subjects including; merges and acquisitions, banking and debt finance, public companies.
As a Tutor at University of Law, you will be:
- Undertaking standard teaching and supervisory responsibilities
- Utilising available preparation time to deliver effective course modules, maintaining high standards to maximise learning outcomes
- Contributing to ensuring that your experience from practice, know-how and skills are shared with team members and course designers to enrich the learning experience for our student clients
- Delivering personal assessment allocation and support the overall assessment
- Understanding and applying the University’s learning model and contribute to constructive feedback on course design and delivery process.
We are looking for individuals who are/have:
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with a genuine passion for quality and excellence ideally with experience or an interest in corporate law
- Demonstrate successful legal practice experience
- Enjoy being challenged (by students and course content in equal measure)
- Adapt to the different learning styles of students and methods of course delivery
- Eager to share your expertise and become involved in all aspects of enhancing the student experience.
*Please note: For Senior Tutors You will have developed significant expertise in: Application and practical delivery of a range of teaching techniques, pastoral care, mentoring colleagues, assessments and marking, team leadership.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact email@example.com
We offer a thorough and comprehensive induction to ULaw where you will be well supported in transitioning your career with The University of Law.
At University of Law, you will work alongside other like-minded professionals who champion advancement, while having opportunities to develop in an environment where originality and innovation is rewarded
On top of a competitive salary, we provide a generous annual leave entitlement of 35 days, and there’s a rewards package that includes:
- Private Medical Scheme and Life Assurance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Training and Qualifications (including Course Sponsorship/Fee Discount)
- Season Ticket Loans and Student Discounts
Diversity, Inclusion and Flexible Working:
We are committed to ensuring our workforce is reflective of our diverse student population, striving to increase the representation of age, disability, gender identity and expression, religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, and socio-economic background of our employees.
We’re also committed to providing adjustments to those who may require support with the recruitment process – please contact the ULaw Talent Acquisition Team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some posts within the University are subject to a DBS check – you will be notified of this during the application process.
No agencies please