You are driven to exceed your goals. You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments.You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings. By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
- You are responsible to contribute to the recovery and quality work in the store. You prevent unnecessary costs to assets and give products a second chance while keeping the net profit and sustainability in mind.
- You work together with the relevant store functions and matrix to identify, investigate, report, and follow up potential improvements regarding the recovery process and quality associated with IKEA items.
- Process the items coming from different locations of the store (customer returns, damage in the store and in transit, display, quality cases) following the company Standard Operating Procedures;
- Identify the condition of the items and decide on further actions: repack, sell in AsIs, sell as parts, keep for internal spare parts, destruct following the company Standard Operating Procedures;
- Display the items in AsIs in safe, commercial way following the company Pricing principals and Display techniques;
- Provide visitors in AsIs with a positive shopping experience by being service-minded, ensuring that all relevant standards are met or exceeded, and general routines and housekeeping is of the highest standard;
- To be a product knowledge expert in order to offer the customer any required information on each product of IKEA range, its assembly instructions and required spare parts;
- Process the quality signals coming from customers, co-workers and Global IKEA following the company Standard Operating Procedures;
- Perform inventory in the department and required investigation to minimize discrepancies;
- Establish cooperation with relevant functions to support efficient items flow through Recovery, maximize profit and secure compliance in the ways of working.
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Graduate (Bachelor of Commerce) / Business Management
- 2 – 3 years goods flow and supply chain management experience
- Knowledge of retail operations in fast spaced environment
- Good Carpentry knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal Communication skills
- Strong background in handling goods and safety
- Computer literate in applications like MS Office, Navigation, etc.
- Customer Focused and Individual Accountability
- Personal Leadership and Teamwork