This position is responsible for wide range of welding jobs such as Carbide Dressing, Hard Banding, Hard facing, Saw welding and general fabrication works.
- Perform all work safely and in accordance with the Company’s HSE policies and procedures.
- Set-up/run RT & UT Quality Vessel Weld Processes (GMAW, FCAW, GTAW).
- Set-up/run RT Quality Pipe Weld – All Positions (6G). – Set-up/run UT Quality Nozzle Welds
- All positions (6G).
- Set-up/run Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Able to make any UT or RT Weld Repair.
- Clean and stamp all welds.
- Set-up/run all structural non-code welds.
- Know how to run all welding equipment.
- Ability to read drawings, WPS’s/PQR’s.
- Ability to lead others and plan ahead
- Good. Knowledge of PT, MT, UT, RT methods.
- Ability to make correct decisions
- Good. Speed of accomplishing tasks Fast.
- Ability to work safely Best. Average Percent of weld repairs .
- Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 4 years of specific work experience.
- Must possess necessary licenses, certificates and registrations to safely perform the functions of a welder.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools specific to welding.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.