The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with Tayco’s motivated and engaging Team, enjoy Tayco’s fantastic Culture which has won us Great Place to Work and Best in Manufacturing, as well as be an important part of our exciting growth.
- Is able to operate hand/powers tools (drills, pneumatic guns, wrapping machines etc.) and pump trucks.
- Recommended exposure to a manufacturing environment.
- Is able to effectively both independently or as a part of a team.
- Is able to take initiative and demonstrate pro-active problem solving in their day to day work.
- Is able to multi-task, problem solve and adapt to changing conditions and product mixes.
- Works well with others and builds effective working relationships within the department and Tayco.
- Is able to lift materials up to 50 pounds and to carry, move, manipulate and/or position them and to move, bend, twist or occasional awkward body positions while performing work.
- Has good hand and eye co-ordination and muscular control sufficient to operate tools or equipment and see closely and/or listen intently in order to achieve very detailed results and/or detect flaws or errors.
- Is able to understand and follow established personal safety, security, and environmental practices.
- Is knowledgeable of and compliant with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and Occupation Health and Safety Act (OSHA). Must be trained in Health & Safety.