The Senior Intelligence Researchers (SR) work in our 24/7 Global Assistance Centre (GAC), Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Responsible for researching and recording incidents across two platforms using a variety of open sources and technologies to provide intelligent, timely, succinct, and relevant information for situational awareness and to inform clients. As part of the Information Services role the SRs are responsible for a selection of countries from our high-medium threat reporting service. The SR is expected to have a stronger depth of knowledge on the political and security environment for their countries of responsibility and is available to advise the Global Assistance Researchers (GAR) on any questions they may have.
Responsibilities include gathering and logging security incidents on the Intelyse Insight Platform, categorization of incident data, compiling of incident reports and delivering security incident alerts via email/SMS as per the automated functionality of the platform.
The Senior Researcher compiles Intelyse country updates, by gathering, organizing and analysing individual security incident alerts into a single, consolidated report. At least once per week, the SR prepares an in-depth, analytical piece discussing any major incidents or notable trends in these country updates.
The Senior Researcher is also responsible for monitoring, drafting, and publishing alerts, the context and advice for the Reach Travel Risk Platform for a designated region.
Available to assist on major analytical pieces as required by the Regional Information Manager.
Contact and Cooperation:
Works alongside the GARs and Services Manager and is directly managed by the Regional Information Manager.
All Information Services analysis work is managed by a Regional Information Manager responsible for the SR’s area of responsibility. The SR ensures the integrity of key elements of Intelyse reporting administration and is available to advise the researchers on any background or detail for reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in the English language. CEFR B2 is the minimum requirement for listening, reading, speaking, and writing
- Able to work as part of a team
- Maintain accurate administrative records and logs
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Global awareness in relation to geopolitical and risk related incidents and states
- Ability to adapt to a flexible routine, including weekends.
- Strong interest in politics and security
- Quick learner
- Resident or prepared to move to the UAEScan, draft and upload emergency alerts and routine logging of global emerging risks to the Intelyse Incident Mapping Platform to provide raw information for Intelyse Regional Information Managers and clients to analyse.
- Scan, draft and update the global Reach Travel Risk Management Platform with travel risk and country specific alerts.
- Compile Country Update security reports for assigned countries and delivering within time frames to Intelyse Regional Information Managers for review and dissemination.
- Create analyst comments and produce analytical pieces at least once a week on any major incidents or notable trends.
- Management of source lists.
- Check and edit incident alerts and comments created by Global Assistance Researchers.
- Present a brief Introduction to Intelyse to new employees.
- Train and brief new researchers regarding daily routine.
- Assist with Pre-Travel Risk Briefs for clients and Sicuro staff.
- Assist in compiling bespoke reports for possible bids and accounts or requesting clients.
- Responsible to be aware, up-to-date and adhere to all related controls and policies for ISO 27001, 9001, 22301 and GDPR.