A diagnostic radiographer uses X-ray, angiography, fluoroscopy to produce images of organs and body parts. Diagnostic radiographers assist in the diagnosis of injuries and diseases, and contribute towards establishing treatment plans. They are also involved in intervention procedures, assisting the physician e.g. the removal of kidney stones, orthopedic procedures, etc.
- Performing all radiological examinations for patients referred to radiology department under supervision of the Radiologist.
- Assist the Radiologist in performing different contrast studies for urinary tract, G.I.T, etc.
- Doing different CT and MR studies for patients under the supervision of the senior radiographer.
- Doing portable / mobile X‐ray examinations forward patients who can’t be transferred to radiology department.
- Doing C‐arm radiological examinations in the operating theatre using the C‐arm machine.
- Preparing reports for the different examinations done and ensuring that the results are put on a CD and given to each patient respectively.
- Assures delivery of patient care needs exceeding local and federal standards.
- Practices proper entries and records into Hospital Information System. Input of the radiological images onto the Hospital PACS system.
- Prepares patient for radiographic procedures by accurately assessing their needs and by providing patient education
- Operates computer and radiographic equipment for image production and documentation of images, and performs quality control measures for the purpose of ensuring optimal quality images
- Practices accurate and timely completion of scheduled and unscheduled work to maximize productivity
- Practices safety measures in radiography and Environment of Care
- Applies the profession’s Code of Ethics in all aspects of practice
- Performs other related duties as required
- Comply with all OSH and infection control policies, standards and procedures and cooperate with hospital management to comply those requirements
- Work accordance with the documented OSH procedures and instructions, specific responsibilities
- Be familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Notifying OSH Hazards, incidents, Near misses and issues and assistance with the preparation of risk assessments, incident reports
- Comply with Waste management procedures and policies
- Attend applicable OSH/Infection control training programs, mock drills and awareness programs
- Use of appropriate personal protective equipment and safety systems
- Diploma/ College Degree in Radiography or its equivalent
- Current license in the country of origin, with HAAD License to practice in Abu Dhabi, UAE
- The ability to apply technical skills, together with a demonstrable knowledge of and interest in sciences, such as anatomy, physiology and physics;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure;
- Fluent spoken and written English. Spoken Arabic is advantageous but not essential.
- At least three years’ experience
- A supportive and caring disposition;
- Adaptability and good time management skills;
- Team working ability;
- Confidence in dealing with stressful situations;
- IT competencies.
- Radiology Conference
To apply for this job please visit www.careerjet.ae.